|5. Sound Transmission (STC) 55+
6. Capillarity of EPS: None
7. Minimum Pouring Temperatures: to minus 4º F or minus 20º C
8. Production Method: Shape molding of Flame Retardant Expandable Polystyrene (EPS) by heat and steam with no additives using only raw EPS bead bearing National Evaluation Report (NER # 236.238.384 or 479) Certifications as required by all North American building code authorities.
9. Fire Resistance:
Expanded Polystyrene has a flash ignition temperature of 340º C (655º F), where pine is 224º C (400 º F). (Data from National Research Council of Canada) Self-ignition is 425º C (797º F).
10. Building Method: Stack units as if CMUs. Secure straight and plumb with alignment hardware, fill with #5 or #6 slump, 2500 psi concrete leaving units in place providing insulation, surface finish strapping & air/vapor barrier (resulting from EPS units filled solidly with concrete without any penetrations therein).
11. Pour Height 4’-10’ monolithic pours, no seams or joints.
12. R-Value (Thermal Resistance) in accordance w/ ASHRAE 2001Fundamentals Handbook & ASTM C177, 6” & 8” Core EPS R 23/4 inch core EPS R 18. The Thermal Performance of an assembled wall including calculations for EPS, Thermal Bridging, Thermal Mass & Air Tightness will be higher depending upon type and size of doors/windows, ceiling heights, attic insulation etc.
13. Water Vapor Test based on test result of 138.0 ng/Pa•s•m2 (200ng/ Pa•s•.m2, max.)
14. Water Absorption Test Result .35% by Volume.
15. Meets requirements for “Standard Specification for Rigid, Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation”, as a Type II Thermal Insulating Material per ASTM C578.
16. Code Compliance – Intertek Research Report IRR-1016: The IRR Report documents compliance to the 2009 International Building Code (IBC), the 2009 International Residential Code (IRC), Greenblock has also received the State of Florida Building Code Product Approval FL17110-R1.
17. Polypropylene Reinforcing webs meet requirements for plastic materials when tested in accordance with ASTM D 1929, UBC 26, ASTMD635, ASTMD2843.
18. Fastener withdrawal resistance in accordance with ASTM D 1761 and fastener lateral resistance testing.
20. Wind Speed rating: by P.E. design per ACI 318 and ACI 347 as required for specified use and as required by local code.
21. Seismic Rating: by P.E. design per ACI 318 and ACI 347 as required for specified use and as required by local code.
Some testing and evaluations performed by Intertek Testing Services.